This course provides an overview of the importance of international business and trade in the global economy and explores the factors that influence success in international markets. Students will learn about the techniques and strategies associated with marketing, distribution, and managing international business effectively.
- Unit 1 | Some overlap with Unit 4 CIA4U
- Unit 2 | Some overlap with Unit 4 CIA4U
Course Strands with links
- Unit 1 Business Trade and the Economy
- Unit 2 The Global Environment
- Unit 3 Factors Influencing International Success
- Unit 4 Marketing, Logistics and Distribution
The course runs for a total of 110 hours. The lessons outlined below are all structured for 100 minutes of instruction time, unless otherwise stated.
The 110 hours also includes additional time that may be allocated for assignments, tests and the independent study unit, at the teacher’s discretion.
The first and second lesson are free! Then individual lessons are priced at $5 or the whole course at $95
- Introduction Materials
- First Day Handout [see whole course resources below]
- Independent Study Unit [see whole course resources below]
- Unit 1 – Business, Trade and the Economy. By the end of this unit students will be able to: demonstrate an understanding of terminology, concepts, and basic business communication practices related to international business; analyze the impact of international business activity on Canada’s economy; demonstrate an understanding of how international business and economic activities increase the interdependence of nations.
- Lesson 1 – What is Trade? (Free)
- Lesson 2 – Interdependence (Free)
- Lesson 3 – The International Trade Game
- Lesson 4 – Advantages and Disadvantages of Trade
- Lesson 5 – Trade in the Modern World
- Lesson 6 – Attracting FDI to Canada
- Lesson 7 – International Trade Barriers
- Lesson 8 – Protectionism
- Lesson 9 – Currency and Foreign Exchange
- Lesson 10 – Review Lesson and Unit 1 Test
- Unit 2 – The Global Environment and International Markets. By the end of this unit, students will be able to: analyze ways in which Canadian businesses have been affected by globalization; demonstrate an understanding of the factors that influence a country’s ability to participate in international business; assess the effects of current trends in global business activity and economic conditions; analyze the ways in which ethical considerations affect international business decisions; assess the working environment in international markets; demonstrate an understanding of the process for crossing international borders as it relates to international business.
- Lesson 2 – Trade Agreements and Organisations
- Lesson 3 – The UN and International Business
- Lesson 4 – The WTO and International Business
- Lesson 5 – The IMF and International Business
- Lesson 6 – Corporate Social Responsibility
- Lesson 7 – CSR and Sustainability
- Lesson 8 – The Role of the Canadian Border Services Agency
- Lesson 9 – Working in International Environments
- Lesson 10 – The Impact of International Events on Business
- Lesson 11 – Review Lesson and Unit 2 Test
- Unit 3 – International Success. By the end of this unit students will be able to analyze the ways in which cultural factors influence international business methods and operations; assess the ways in which political, economic, and geographic factors influence international business methods and operations; identify and describe common mistakes made by businesses in international markets; evaluate the factors currently affecting the international competitiveness of Canadian businesses;
- Unit 4 – Marketing and Logistics. By the end of this unit students will be able to assess the role challenges facing a business that wants to market a product internationally; compare the approaches taken by various companies to market their products internationally; demonstrate and understanding of the logistics of, and challenges associated with, distribution to local, national, and international markets.
Available within the relevant lessons:
- Assignment 1.1 Analysing Global Trade Issues
- Assignment 1.2 International Barriers to Trade
- Assignment 2.1 International Trade Agreements and Organisations
- Assignment 2.2 Social and Environmental Disasters
- Assignment 2.3 The Economic Impact of COVID-19
- Assignment 3.1 The Monopoly Game
- Assignment 3.2 Hofstede’s Cultural Dimensions
- Assignment 3.3 The CAGE Framework
- Assignment 3.4 Business Essay
- Assignment 4.1 The Marketing Mix
Whole Course Resources
These resources are available to those with access to the whole course:
- First Day Handout
- Units 1-4 SOW
- Final Exam
- External Resources List
If you have already purchased access, please Login Here
Alternately, purchase access below, or access the first and second lesson free above!
BBB4M – Whole Course
May I please receive access to the following resources: ( I have purchased the course)
Whole Course Resources
The following resources are available upon request; contact us.
First Day Handout
Units 1-4 SOW
External Resources List
Comments are closed.