This course focuses on issues related to travel and tourism within and between various
regions of the world. Students will investigate unique environmental, sociocultural,
economic, and political characteristics of selected world regions. They will explore travel
patterns and trends, as well as tensions related to tourism, and will predict future tourism
destinations. Students will apply the concepts of geographic thinking and the geographic
inquiry process, including spatial technologies, to investigate the impact of the travel
industry on natural environments and human communities.
Course Strands with links
- Unit 1 Perspectives of Travel and Tourism
- Unit 2 The Environment and Tourism
- Unit 3 Culture and Tourism
- Unit 4 Understanding and Managing Change
The course runs for a total of 110 hours. The lessons outlined below are all structured for 100 minutes of instruction time, unless otherwise stated.
The 110 hours also includes additional time that may be allocated for assignments, tests and the independent study unit, at the teacher’s discretion.
The first and second lesson are free! Then individual lessons are priced at $5 or the whole course at $85
$85.00Add to cart
- Introduction Materials
- First Day Handout [see whole course resources below]
- Unit 1 – Perspectives of Travel and Tourism:
- B1. Spatial Interaction: analyse patterns of spatial interaction between tourist sources and destinations
- B2. Spatial Distribution: explain interrelationships between tourism and the spatial distribution of services and attractions in tourist destinations
- B3. Choice of Destination: analyse a range of factors that influence tourists’ destination choices
- Lesson 2 – Types of Tourism (Free)
- Unit 2 – The Environment and Tourism:
- C1. Impacts of Travel and Tourism: assess impacts of tourism and different modes of travel from a geographic perspective.
- C2. Sustainable Tourism and Stewardship: analyse strategies for the protection of natural and cultural resources that are essential to tourism, and assess their effectiveness.
- C3. Stewardship and the Sustainability of Societies: assess social and cultural impacts of tourism on tourist destinations, and explain the role of good stewardship practices in supporting the social and cultural sustainability of destination communities.
- Lesson 3 – Eco-Tourism in Kenya
- Lesson 4 – Protecting Natural Environments
- Lesson 5 – Responsible Tourism
- Lesson 6 – Evaluating Tourist Packages
- Unit 3 – Culture and Tourism:
- D1. Local Tourism: analyse interrelationships between tourism and local human and natural systems.
- D2. Tourism Patterns and Influencing Trends: assess the impacts of social, economic, and political trends and events on travel and tourism.
- D3. New Directions: identify evolving trends in travel and tourism, and analyse their implications for future tourism development.
- Lesson 2 – What is Culture?
- Lesson 3 – Aspects of Culture
- Lesson 4 – Cultural Tourism
- Lesson 5 – The Transmission of Culture
- Lesson 6 – Cultural Diffusion
- Lesson 7 – Cultural Change [Part 1]
- Lesson 8 – Cultural Change [Part 2]
- Lesson 9 – Cultural Tourism Wall of Shame!
- Lesson 10 – Top Gear | Vietnam Special (Free)
- Unit 4 – Understanding and Managing Change:
- E1. Environmental Challenges: analyse impacts of environmental conditions and concerns on the tourism industry.
- E2. Impacts on Local Populations and Indigenous Peoples: assess impacts of the travel and tourism industry on local populations and indigenous peoples.
- E3. Planning for Tourism: analyse the role of the tourism industry, governments, and international organizations in planning, promoting, and supporting travel and tourism.
Available within the relevant lessons:
- Assignment 1.1 | The Bucket List
- Assignment 1.2 | Investigating Issues
- Assignment 2.1 | Tourism and the Natural Environment
- Assignment 2.2 | UNESCO Protected Spaces
- Assignment 3.1 | Travelling and Lodging
- Assignment 3.2 | Tourism Travel Itinerary
- Assignment 4.1 | Travel Advisory
Whole Course Resources
These resources are available to those with access to the whole course:
- Unit 1 Test
- Unit 2 Test
- Unit 3 Test
- Unit 4 Test
- External Resources List
If you have already purchased access, please Login Here
Alternately, purchase access below, or access the first and second lesson free above!
CGG3O – Whole Course
Add to cart
Unit 1 lesson 3 is the wrong lesson.
Thanks for your comment. However, I am not sure what you mean here? I have looked at Unit 1: Lesson 3: Tourism Trail and everything seems to be in order?
Can you clarify what appears to be the problem? Thanks, GG
It was linked to the wrong presentation but I think it’s fixed. Thank you!
Comments are closed.