- To learn about communication barriers in the workplace
- Explain obstacles/barriers to effective communication
- Suggest ways to overcome these barriers
- Describe some techniques used to improve communication skills (active listening, constructive feedback, technology)
- Explain the communication process.
- Starter: Telephone Game
- What are barriers to communication? | Class discussion
- What are barriers to communication? | Teacher led note taking and discussion
- How can we overcome these barriers? | Class discussion
- How can we overcome these barriers?| Teacher led note taking and discussion
- Task 1 | Can YOU follow directions?
- Steps to improve communication | Teacher led note taking and discussion
- Task 2 | Active Listening Video
- Task 3| Proxemics and Space Design | Article analysis
- Efficient vs. Effective Communication | Teacher led note taking and discussion
- Review: Kellogg’s Communication Plan | Business Case Study
***Our protected content goes here if you have access. If you have already purchased it, please Login Here ***
Alternately, you can get access via the below options, or visit the course overview, where you can access the first and second lesson free!
BOH4M – Whole Course
BOH4M – Unit 3 – Lesson 2: Communication Barriers
Add to cart
BOH4M – Whole Of Unit 3