What We Offer
- Structured, guided learning through any of the courses offered on GlobalGeek to Ontario, British Columbia, UK GCSE and A-Level, or IB Standards.
- Marking of any assignments (test, essays, inquiry projects, lab investigations, field work) completed as part of the course.
- Preparation to sit provincial examinations.
- Parental instruction on how to teach GlobalGeek courses as part of a homeschool curriculum.
- Free access to all relevant content and resources for the chosen course(s).
- $30/hour for one-on-one teaching instruction
- $20/hour/person for group/paired teaching instruction
- Larger group instruction – price determined by group size
Please email me at email@example.com for more information or to discuss tailored services.
Originally from the UK, I graduated from the University of Newcastle with a Post Graduate Certificate in Secondary Education in 2010. After teaching Geography, History and Economics at High School Level for 5 years, I moved to Canada in 2016 and have been teaching a wide variety of subjects to Grades 6-12. I also hold a Post Graduate Certificate in Geographical Information Systems (GIS), and I am currently mid-way through completing a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership. I have Qualified Teacher Status in the UK, and I am certified to teach with both Ontario College of Teachers and British Columbia Ministry of Education. I am qualified to teach:
- Social Studies (Geography, History and Religious Studies), Economics, Business Studies and Career Life Education for Intermediate/Senior Divisions (Grades 6-12)
- Math and English for Intermediate Divisions (Grades 6-10).
- Middle Years Program (MYP) Individuals and Societies for the International Baccalaureate (IB).
- Diploma Program (DP) Geography, History and Economics for the International Baccalaureate (IB).
Teaching is my passion, and I would like to help you and your children succeed!
I have been very fortunate to have worked in 6 different schools, in varying locations, with students from a diverse mix of backgrounds, contexts and academic abilities. These various experiences have helped shape me into a dynamic and competant individual with knowledge and management strategies in many areas. I have learned how different age groups deal with stress while working on tests/assignments under pressure, as well as how each student learns differently.
These experiences has provided me with the skills needed to engage students and work with all different levels of experience. I have had the opportunity to teach both large and small groups as well as in a one-to-one setting. I believe that my skills acquired in this form of teaching will also be applicable and valuable when tutoring. My passion for teaching as well as my passion for writing and the English language will help me to excite students and not only develop their skills in whatever area they struggle, but also develop their interest and appreciation for the subject matter.